Best Puppy Products
This page contains affiliate links, this means that I receive a commission if you purchase one of the products that I link to. This does not mean that you will pay more for your purchase. I whole heartedly endorse and love every product that I link to.
Leash - You'll need a regular lead and a flexi/retractable lead. I cover why you'll want both kinds of leashes in this article.
- Collar - You'll want a good flat-buckle or martingale collar for the first month or two. I talk about this in this article.
- Bowls - stainless steel simple and very functional. They're big enough for when she is full grown and won't slide around on our wood floors because of the rubber bottoms. They can be left outside or used inside.
- Dog Food - There are a lot of opinions out there as you could imagine. Taste of the Wild dry dog food is the very best. I like their philosophy and how they fully disclose their manufacturing process. It's a bit more expensive than other dog foods, but I think it is worth it. Sometimes you get what you pay for
- Dog Treats
- Crate - We recommend the 42" large size with divider so we can use it when she's a puppy and when she's fully grown. The cover is also essential because dogs naturally like to feel safe and sheltered. The solid walls help them to be calmer and rest better in their home.
- Dog Brush - a pin brush without the balls at the top, a bristle brush, a slicker brush, a grooming rake, an undercoat rake, a pin comb, a stagger comb, and a mat removal comb.
- Chew treats - Sheepadoodle puppies need some softer things to chew on. Cow ears, lamb ears, beef tendons and beef tripe twists are some of the best.
- Dog Toys - KONG is a favorite! Make sure you get the right size for your puppy or dog.
- Carpet Cleaner - this is amazing! It works on carpet, upholstery and wood floors. It eliminates the stain AND the odor which is crucial so your puppy will not smell her spot and repeat the "accident".
- Pooper Scooper - The very best one on the market! To make a dirty job a little bit cleaner. And you can use regular plastic grocery bags. You don't need to buy special bags for it!