There are lots of things to think about, but here are a few of the most important ones to get your started.
- How will you praise and discipline your puppy? Trying to be consistent with the way in which each family member praises and disciplines will help your puppy learn faster.
- Will your puppy be allowed in every area of the house?
- Will your puppy be permitted on all furniture? Make sure everyone knows which pieces are off limits.
- Where will your puppy sleep?
- Where will your puppy eliminate? We talk about training them to eliminate in the same area in this article.
- Come up with a flexible schedule or routine for feeding, eliminating and sleeping. This doesn't need to be followed strictly, but a routine will help your puppy learn faster. And have fewer accidents!
- Who will feed the puppy? Take the puppy outside?
- Who will give the puppy water?
- Who will walk the puppy? And when?